Dickinson Property Group has a tried and tested approach to property development for investors. We have a proven track record of delivering developments recognised for their quality and affordability and we’ve helped many investors build substantial property portfolios both privately and through their companies and superannuation funds. Many of our clients are repeat investors because we offer an affordable, easy and transparent turn-key solution without hidden costs and most importantly - they get results!
We believe in a few fundamental principles which are at the core of any investment decision.
- Location – is the site in a desirable area? Is there access to transport? What other local amenities does the locality provide?
- Site constraints and potential– What can be built on the site? How difficult is construction?
- Supply & demand – What are the current supply and demand factors nearby? Do people want to live in this area? What price point can the local demographic afford?
- Community consideration – Is the proposed development consistent with the aims and objectives of the locality? Is the proposed development sympathetic to the local street-scape?
Self-Managed Super Fund Investment Property
When investing in any property via SMSF, careful management and sound advice are vital. For this reason potential investors are encouraged to seek independent advice before making any decision regarding property investment. Purchasing property via a SMSF may have benefits but choosing the right structure for your investment and superannuation can be complex. Getting the right advice to suit your needs will help ensure the best outcome.
Tax advantages of investing in property
Did you know that the Australian Taxation Office allows owners of income producing assets (like an investment property) to claim prescribed expenditure as a tax deduction? Generally, this expenditure includes:
- Outgoings such as Council rates & water rates
- Declining value of depreciating assets such as carpets, white goods, heating and air-conditioning systems, etc
- Capital works deductions – commonly referred to as "building write-off"
- Borrowing and interest expenses
Of course, the tax implications of investing in any asset will vary based on your unique circumstance. So before you make any decisions regarding property investment, it’s worth seeking some independent advice to find an approach that’s going to give you the most worthwhile benefits.
NSW Government Housing Grants
The NSW State Government has a series of housing grants designed to assist in the purchase of a home however are only available to eligible applicants. Following are two of the main ones.
First Home Owner Grant
A grant is available to first home buyers where the value of the new home purchased does not exceed the First Home Owner Grant Cap of $750,000 for contracts dated on or after 1st January 2016
The First Home - New Home Scheme
The First Home - New Home Scheme commenced from 1st January 2012 and provides eligible purchasers with exemptions from transfer duty on new homes valued up to $550,000 and concessions for new homes valued between $550,000 and $650,000.
Eligible purchasers buying a vacant block of residential land to build their home will pay no duty on vacant land valued up to $350,000, and will receive concessions for vacant land valued between $350,000 and $450,000.
These rates apply from 1st July 2012.
For further information on eligibility please visit http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants
Great locations with sound returns
As we’ve been building and developing property since 1965, Dickinson Property Group knows that a great location isn’t always where one might expect. That’s why we use our 40+ years of experience, local knowledge, research and existing relationships and contacts to identify locations which perfectly fit our expertise, services and resources. It’s these valuable insights that keep us generating a high return for investors with very little risk.
From a property investor’s point of view, it means that the headache of trying to find the right location is taken away. Our site selection team invest all their energy into researching, qualifying and visiting each potential location to ensure a reliable and safe option for ourselves and our investors.
At Dickinson Property Group we don’t take any chances when it comes to developing secure and safe investments. All locations must fit within a strict criteria designed around the following points:
- Inherent strength in the economic fundamentals
- Significant investment by public and private sector into local infrastructure, industry and commerce
- Growing corporate activity and strategic importance to surrounding areas
- Positive developments in the demographics of a location
- High activity business centres
Our areas of knowledge and focus lie throughout the following Local Government Areas (LGA):
- South Western Sydney
- Western Sydney
What Type of Investment Property is best?
Dickinson Property Group aren’t investment advisers nor can we provide investment advice. Many astute investors seek new residential and commercial properties as repairs and maintenance are minimal with depreciation and tax benefits outweighing a second hand house. We generally build single level detached houses and dual living projects. These are made up of free standing houses, granny flats, attached and detached duplexes, villas and units.